It’s been quite a while since I’ve published anything. This academic semester has been one of the busiest and most demanding of my college career. But I’m, glad to say I survived! Finals are over, my junior year is over, and now is the time to relax. This summer I will be taking a couple of classes to lighten my load during the academic year, as well as working. But I am not letting school and work get in the way of a great summer! There are so many things happening in the city, and my friends and I must take advantage. Here’s what I hope to do during the summer:
- Spend a day on the beach. I couldn’t even tell you the last time I spent a relaxed beach day at the lake. It’d be nice to soak up the sun and play some volleyball on the sand.
- Watch a movie at the Millennium Park Film Series. During the summer, the City of Chicago hosts free movie nights at Millennium Park on Tuesdays. The film list looks great this year! If you live in Chicago, this would be such a cool event attend!
- Attend the Chicago Mariachi Festival at Millennium Park. I absolutely love Mariachi music; it’s the music of my roots. This would be such an immersive and enriching cultural event to attend. I’m super excited for this one!
- Cook more recipes. I’ll be the first to admit, I’m certainly not the best cook. Cooking is something I want to improve on.
- Bonfires and more outdoor activities. Bonfires are one of my favorite things to do during the summer during crisp, chill nights. Having my friends around with some awesome music is the perfect night for me.
- Read more. I have so many books on my list.
The list goes on but these are the top things I would love to accomplish during the summer. And of course, BLOG MORE!
What are you doing/want to do this summer?!